How do Canvas and Learning Explorer Integrate?
You can use Learning Explorer and Canvas in two ways:
1. Log on to LearningExplorer.com
2. Log in to your district Canvas page and launch the Learning Explorer API while in Pages, Assignments, or Discussions.
For Option 1, you will discover resources, build Lesson Collections and deliver to students by clicking ‘Assign’ in the Collections Editor and providing the ‘Share Link’ and Password to students (and learning stakeholders). Then you will copy the ‘Share Link’ and paste it into a Canvas assignment, page, or discussion board.
For Option 2, you can either create your full lesson collections in Learning Explorer and then head to Canvas and easily add them in using the Learning Explorer API integration OR, from within Canvas assignment, page, or discussion board, launch the Learning Explorer tool and do all of your creation and adding from within the app.
To do this:
1. Open an assignment, page, or discussion board. Click the Learning Explorer app.
*Note: This will require configuration between Learning Explorer and your School or District
2. Learning Explorer will open in a user-friendly iframe and you can use as normal (discover, manage curriculum and deliver to students)
3. When you come to Learning Explorer from Canvas, you can add individual resources to your LMS, instead of making a collection. This is great for bell ringers, exit tickets, or quick, engaging tactics. Resources will have a ‘add to Canvas’ button when entering from the Canvas + Learning Explorer app. (see below)
4. Click ‘add to Canvas’ and the individual resource OR collection (whichever is selected) will easily hyperlink within the Canvas activity. This experience circumvents the need for a password.
5. The Learning Explorer Player will launch within Canvas so students can enjoy the Collections without having to start a new browser or tab.