Use the filters to narrow your search results down to find exactly what you need. The more you filter, the more focused your search results will be. This section explains each filter and how to maximize the use of flexible filters.
Filtering Under the Resource Category
1. Select one or more resource types you would like to see in your results. Click 'More' to expand specific resource type options.
TIP: Take the time to explore a variety of different resource types in Learning Explorer by clicking on “Show More,” including digital and print.
Grades & Subjects
1. Select grades to find resources narrowed by grade level. Selecting more than one will result in more resource results.
2. Select one or more subjects you are teaching. Click 'More' to drop down specific subject options.
TIP: Refer to the number next to each filter to preview how many resources you’ll find in each subject area.
1. In order to search by standard, you will need to select one or more grades.
2. Select one or more standards sets to find resources aligned to those standards.
3. To get more specific standard alignments, make sure you select a grade first from above. Then, click "Expand Specific Standards” and the “More” button to the right of each standard set.
TIP: Hover over the standard to read about that specific identifier
4. Select the standard(s) you are looking for to see resources under that specific standard.
*Note: Standards may be specific to your district or have decided to not include the Standards filter with their subscription.
Providers and District-Licensed Content
If you are looking for a resource from a specific publisher, here is where you can go to filter by a Provider or look up what content your district has put in the search for all the teachers.
Note: Depending on the level of edition your district subscribed to, there will also be a filter titled District-Licensed Content, which is content that was brought on by your district for their teachers to access within Learning Explorer.
Filtering Under the Media Category
The Media category is where you can find great videos to show in the classroom or add to your lesson! You will notice that there are a couple additional filters on the Media category and that some filters carry over from the ones you may have selected in the Resource category and there are some that don’t carry over, such as any Resource Type or Included Material you may have selected.
With this filter you can choose how long or how short you want you your videos to be.
Filtering Under the Collection Category
Looking for a ready-to-go curriculum set or a lesson, click on that Collections category and you will find already created Collections to save to your Curriculum Manager. Under this category you will also find that some of the filters you selected initially under the Resource category don’t carry over to this category such as the Resource Type you selected before from the Resource Category or any of the top filters from the Media category.
We have pre-built out a few different types of Collections for our members. All the Collections that we have built are designed to either be used for classroom instruction, assign them to your students or to help inspire and get you started on customizing your own Collections for your students.
You will find what you have selected at the very top nested under all the resource categories.
TIP: Remove your selected choices by unchecking individual filters or clicking “Clear All” from the search results.